Relevant Job Titles:
Manufacturing Manager, Operations Manager, Site Manager, Moulding Manager, Engineering Manager, Technical Manager
Responsibility for the site operations to include:
- Process Improvements across assembly area
- Process Improvements across the Injection Moulding area
- Engineering Changes
- Line Improvements
- Production Engineering
- Management and leadership of all engineering projects.
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards within the department.
- Management of clean and organized work areas with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, and utilization, using LEAN techniques such as 5S and SMED
- Management of injection moulding tooling projects including quoting, purchasing, start up, sampling, and revision of injection moulding tooling.
- Researches and makes recommendations for capital investment projects to reduce cost and improve part quality, manufacturability, and safety.
- Working with customers and vendors to solve design and manufacturing problems.
- Supports production department by assisting with troubleshooting manufacturing problems.
- Management, leadership, and development of engineering team members.
- Follow all ISO 9000 requirements.
- Review and assist with specification of injection moulding tooling and associated equipment/machinery
- Oversee engineering, control, and standardisation of moulding processes. Create Work Instructions for moulding best practices.
- Lead and coach personnel on process, equipment, and analytical approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Oversee and execute training programs.
- Work with moulding team in the subject areas to train them in procedures and policies.
- Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance.
- Support new product development with part design, tool design, prototyping, mould sampling/approval
- Support Manufacturing and Engineering department with process and system improvements
- Support the production floor as needed
- Work with product developers to optimize materials for processing
- Set-up machinery to conduct processing studies with new materials and new moulds.
- Review and assist with specification of injection moulding tooling and associated equipment/machinery.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to define project deliverables and test protocols for new product development.
- Oversee documentation of experimental results for internal technical reports and new product feedback.
- Lead in the design and implementation of equipment and process improvements.
- Assist with the installation and start-up of new equipment and process improvement.
- Support the ISO procedures to ensure compliance with all qualified directives and standards.
- Extensive knowledge of injection moulding processes, tooling, and industrialisation
- Previous Managerial experience
- Leadership and development of staff in key positions
- A degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- Good personal skills and a flexible approach to management
- Experience of working in high volume injection moulding / assembly environment
- A logical and methodical approach with good analytical and practical skills