Project & Engineering Manager
- To ensure safe systems of work are adopted fully and to have due regard to the health, safety, welfare, development, motivation and training of all personnel responsible to the position.
- To develop a maintenance team capable of supporting long term business growth plans.
- To ensure projects have a clear plan and update senior team on variance to cost or time.
- To evaluate repeat failures and design solutions.
- To keep maintenance budget in line with business plan and to find lower cost alternatives that are effective.
- To develop spares stock control system and to suggest productivity/reliability upgrades and be accountable for delivery if approved.
- To oversee compliance issues as required.
- To achieve agreed business plan targets and report weekly progress and to control all project contractors.
- Be an ambassador for company values. Zero tolerance for non-compliance.
- To liaise with all Directors and senior managers to continue to drive the Company to becoming and remaining ‘World Class’.
- To decide in liaison with the Directors the plant and equipment needed to develop the foundry into a world class operation and where appropriate lead cross functional project teams to improve performance in key areas.
- Benchmark Company activities against all industries and make recommendations for improvement.
- To advise the Board and Management on all appropriate matters.
- Ensure that OEE targets are met.
- To represent the Company at Trade Association Meetings and regulatory committees as necessary.
- To authorise expenditure within agreed limits and approved in projects
- PDR all direct reports
- To produce monthly management report, including recommended actions where appropriate for presentation to the Board and Investigate and report back on competitor activity.
- To do return to work interviews with direct reports.
- To ensure all internal systems operate efficiently and recommend improvement where needed
- Educated to degree level.
- +10 years’ experience in heavy engineering company, such fields would be mining, forging, steel works, rolling mills, presswork’s, any foundry or molten metal handling process, major bulk chemical works, cement plants.
The following would be desirable:
- Management experience of multi skilled maintenance teams
- Modern lean techniques as applied to maintenance, TPM etc.
- Control of maintenance budget over £0.5m.
- Ability to create / read engineering drawings.
- Complex high pressure hydraulic automation.
- Expert in mechanical/electrical installations.
- Nebosh certificate.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK