- Effective engineering focus across our main plastic component manufacturing area
- Implementation and control of planned (scheduled) maintenance processes and activity that supports our objectives relating to improved efficiency (OEE), legislative compliance and overall cost reduction.
- Review of current skill sets, working practices and processes, and development of a high performing Engineering team with a proactive culture that meets agreed objectives, adds value, and supports our desire for continuous improvement.
- Management and analysis of engineering related KPI’s in order to develop meaningful strategy, action and targets for improvement.
- Ensure that all engineering activities are completed in safe working conditions and with full compliance to our internal safe systems of work, and health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Active engagement with all business functions to provide a clear and consistent strategic engineering vision and objectives.
- Define and submit business cases for engineering projects, which support our strategic vision, and ensure they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Proven engineering experience and knowledge in a similar role (minimum 5+ years).
- A demonstrable history of leading high performing Engineering teams.
- Professional qualifications in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (BTEC, HNC, HND or degree).
- NEBOSH or IOSHH managing safely (or equivalent).
- Proven experience in a lean operational environment (where continuous improvement and change management was the norm).
- Financial, problems solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to turn complex analysis into meaningful strategy.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK