Engineering Maintenance Manager
- To make sure that all production equipment is maintained and ready for use by the production department as and when required.
- To work with the manufacturing team in the running of production equipment ensuring that the companies quality standards are maintained at all times.
- To work with your manager and production supervisors to make sure that all equipment is ready for use, to allow the manufacturing department to meet their targets.
- To make sure that all equipment is maintained meeting all Health and Safety requirements in line with HSE guidelines, and that all information on any COSHH requirements are also known before any work or training is carried out.
- To make sure that all machines are stocked with production critical spares and that these are controlled and maintained in a clean and tidy environment. This will include sourcing the most cost-effective supplier of spares in terms of quality, supply and cost.
- To ensure in conjunction with the Production Manager, that maintenance schedules are met and that all records are kept as in accordance with the companies internal quality system.
- To assist your manager with identifying and implementing improvements to the production plant, whilst carrying out all routine maintenance procedures.
- To assist if and when required with pre-production trials and to advise on possible improvements to quality.
- To be expected to, if required, work extra hours to repair critical production equipment, if a break down situation should arise. Overtime is paid for additional hours.
- To ensure all scheduled and preventative maintenance is in place for all equipment and be responsible for the development and implementation of a documented routine maintenance schedule on all production equipment, to ensure consistency of production and to monitor downtime and implement improvements, to reduce that downtime.
- To liaise with your manager, (as required) on the development and improvement of existing automated assembly processes as well as the identification and justification of existing manual assembly operations, into more cost-effective procedures.
- To work alongside the QA/RA department to enable all new and existing machinery and equipment are accepted through the validation process as per the ISO standards.
- Any other reasonable duties that may from time to time be required by the company.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK