Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Surface modelling of patterns, moulds and fixtures in line with departmental needs
- Produce technical tooling drawings to ensure designs can be manufactured and assembled
- Compare two or more data files to understand differences in models
- Interrogate tree / 3D notes to understand customer needs
- Model components in line with customer specifications
- Work closely with the Projects department and within Design to ensure projects are on target
- Use project notes and customer data to fully appreciate requirements
- Specify all BoM items required to assembly tooling
- Develop departmental drawings / manuals to explain tooling methodology
- Communicate with Projects when up issues are received
- Define process change / additional tooling required to implement a change
- Good working knowledge of CATIA
- Experience in component or tooling design
- Understand technical drawings, ideally laminate drawings too
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of composite manufacture
- A flexible approach and strong time management / prioritizing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK