- Makefast are looking for a Design Engineer to join their Design team to work on all facets of design such as New Products, Tooling and Modify Existing Products designs to meet Customer requirements.
- Responsible for the design of new or existing products to suit the customers’ requirements.
- Ensuring that designs are cost-effective and that the customers requirements are met.
- Responsible for managing the whole project from initial enquiry to first off manufacture and producing and maintaining project plans to ensure key dates are met.
- To communicate of the progress of any project with the design manager and the client.
- Ensuring that the designs are suited to the manufacturing process such as injection Moulding.
- To design tooling to support the manufacturing process such as Press tooling, Injection mould tooling, machining jigs, forming Nests.
- Produce a full manufacturing BOM on Epicor for new parts and assemblies, ensuring that correct materials are specified, the correct operations are used, and correct drawings are added.
- The ability to methodically work through setting up new BOMS ensuring no components are missed.
- Work closely with all production departments comparing current designs with latest thinking and available technology.
- Experience In small mechanism design.
- 3 years minimum mechanical design experience.
- Knowledge of Injection Moulding and press work would be advantageous.
- Competent MS office products.
- Able to use 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferable).
- Engineering Graduate (Desirable).
- Experience of MRP/ERP systems (Desirable).
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work as part of a busy design team.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK