Design & Development Engineer – Job Overview:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead, coordinate and support local design and development activities to bring new vehicle products into production.
- To create and maintain and both 3D CAD data and 2D drawings of new and existing parts using Catia V5.
- To liaise with parent company via Video Conference, email and presentations.
- To plan, track and report Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) of new projects and design
- To drive and develop cost reductions through the company internally and the customer.
- To work within ISOTS 16949 procedures.
- To create and update genetic DFMEA, tolerance stack ups, GD&T and DFM studies.
- Comply with all H&S regulations.
- Customer OEMS
- Suppliers and Toolmakers
- Other members of Design & Development department.
- Quality Assurance department.
- Engineering department.
- Production department.
- Sales & Purchasing department.
Health and Safety:
- To comply with all responsibilities under the company’s Health and Safety at Work Policy.
- To ensure all visitors to the department comply with the company’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To ensure all equipment and machinery is correctly used and properly maintained.
- To comply with company hygiene standards and recommend enhancements to improve safety and efficiency of the department.
- To make every effort to conserve power and ensure filing and back up systems are maintained.
- To wear the uniform and safety wear when appropriate, keeping it clean and tidy at all times.
- To communicate accurately and effectively with all employees as appropriate, in particular Design Department at parent company
- To ensure all required reports are distributed accurately and within correct time period.
- To be prepared to work offsite to support regular meetings with customer at their address..
- To be prepared to visit parent company in Japan.
- To visit suppliers in UK and Europe.
- To work to the requirements of the company’s Quality Management System and relevant procedures.
- To understand fully and comply with the security procedures on-site including those governing IT.
- To report any unauthorised personnel seen on the premises, in addition to any incident of damage or theft.
Cost Reduction Activates:
- To actively participate and drive cost reduction design solutions.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with one of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you:
- 01905 947 400
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions. If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Willcox Matthews Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Willcox Matthews Ltd will require proof of identification.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK