Design and Tooling Technician
- Planning workloads, and tooling manufacturing times by allocating tasks and monitoring progress against targets
- Devising tooling work schedules and implementing deadlines
- Ensure that quality of finished tooling meets customer agreed standards
- Reporting progress to plan daily by attending planned production meetings as required.
- To work in collaboration with the site management team, Technical and R&D teams to collaborate on NPI’s.
- Preparing cost information as appropriate for all tooling manufacture or repair requests
- Interpreting engineering drawings, designing, and manufacturing of injection mould tools
- Setting and operating CNC mills, spark erosion, lathes, manual mills, surface grinders etc
- Trouble shooting faults, trailing, and repairing tools, improving part manufacturing processes
- Performing production-acceptance trials, inspecting parts visually and with measuring equipment
- Developing new part manufacturing processes, estimating tool and product costs
- Keeping effective records during tool development and establishing design rules
- Providing training and mentoring to colleagues, providing operational process coverage where required
- To coordinate and ensure the safe operation of both site and process machinery, working to ensure legislative and regulatory compliances are current, upheld, and relevant to the operations of the printing and assembly departments
- To ensure all aspects of Quality Assurance and compliance are met.
- To work in collaboration with other Group stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement and lean practices are adopted in tooling manufacture
- Ensure budgetary and financial controls are adhered to in collaboration with projects managers and direct customers.
- To actively support the Sales, Planning & Technical teams in new business development and new project opportunities.
- To train, mentor and develop other team members where a need has been identified.
- To drive and report on daily / weekly business Tooling manufacturing performance progress in an agreed and timely manner.
- To coordinate and lead daily team meetings with the local site management team in conjunction with the company.
- To ensure internal and external communications are of the expected standards of the company.
- To ensure all staff operate and respect the principles of Dignity at work and have respect for the individual when dealing with colleagues within the workplace. This principle is in line with company policies and ethical expectations.
- To ensure the customer expectations with respect to Customer Service levels are further developed and exceeded
- To meet the OTIF deadlines as agreed with the planning department or project manager.
- Open minded, pragmatic, and flexible approach
- Excellent computer literacy – Excel, PowerPoint, Word with Teams experience desired
- Conversant with CAD / CAM software types
- MSD Experience desirable
- Technical & Practical appreciation of mould tool design practices
- Technical appreciation of plastic injection Moulding processes & machinery
- Engineering Qualification in Tool making
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK