Customer Service Coordinator – Brief Role Description:
To act as the primary contact point between assigned customers and the business, processing customer requirements in line with customer and the business expectations. To develop strong working relationships within customer portfolio by delivering exceptional and consistent levels of service.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of assigned customers, communicating any significant changes, commercial opportunities or advantages to your line manager.
- Establishes confident and trusted relationships with assigned customers.
- Acts as the main point of contact and communication channel for assigned customers.
- Actions and responds effectively to the requirements and demands of assigned customers.
- In responding to customers, ensures that communication is clear and that the requirements of the customer are understood.
- Processes and maintains customer requirements on the relevant systems, ensuring accurate data entry in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicates customer requirements to other relevant departments
- Ensures customer requirements are processed in line with the operating planning rules (OPR’s).
- Acts in the company’s best interest, ensuring that all relevant charges are captured.
- Exercises initiative and a level of independent judgement in relation to customer requirements and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Captures customer or internal non-conformances on the relevant system, ensuring non-conformances are kept up-to-date with the most recent information.
- Handles customer complaints and internal issues in a prompt, professional, and sensitive manner, assisting with the investigation and completion of responses to these complaints.
- Facilitates the training of colleagues in the event of a change to the assigned Customer Services Administrator, ahead of annual leave, or ahead of any weekends / bank holidays as necessary.
- Carries out any other reasonable request as instructed by the Management Team.
Direct reporting relationship with Customer Service Manager & Customer Service Category Leader for all aspects of the role
- Works closely and effectively together with Customer Service team, Operations team, Transport Team and other individuals across the company to ensure that the way of working is in line with strategy and guidelines.
(education, experience, skills, knowledge)
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Team player, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive approach towards tasks
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility when required.
- Always act professionally.
- Ability to work efficiently.
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving organisation.
- Ability to adapt in a challenging and changing environment.
Key competencies for Customer Service Coordinator :
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the
people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK