- To identify automation opportunities and support the introduction of automation systems and processes from early scoping, specification, design and through to implementation and hand over in order to improve operational productivity and / or to reduce manufacturing cost.
- Provide technical support for all aspects of on-site automation relating to programming, training, maintenance and fault finding.
- Lead research & development into site wide automation possibilities.
- Create and present feasibility reports & URS (user requirement specification) documentation for identified automation opportunities.
- Create and coordinate project teams to achieve the agreed project outcomes.
- Ensure all automation projects are embedded with the local teams for seamless handover.
- Automation introduction would be achieved with contracted support from Automation Integration companies although the role will include aspects of simulation, proving, programming and testing.
- Responsible for design, specification and introduction of scalable automation and control systems.
- In all automation projects the person will be automation project technical lead whilst being responsible for project management activities.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team in relation to PLC, HMI and control system upgrades.
- Provide technical support for all aspects of automation fault finding and improvement.
- Identify and coordinate automation training opportunities for self and colleagues.
- Coordinate planned maintenance of automation with engineering and external resources.
- Actively research automation developments, external automation suppliers and wider manufacturing & warehouse operations.
- Liaise with automation teams to share knowledge.
- Update / improve existing automation.
- Drive company values and promote an environment of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical circuits, electronics, mechanics and computers and preferably qualified to a minimum HNC level in electrical, mechanical or computer engineering
- Knowledge of PLC logic and programming
- An ability to communicate with internal stakeholders / project teams and external automation integration companies
- Project management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex systems tests
- Good Math and analytical skills
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- An understanding of machine / automation safety requirements (potentially IOSH or similar training, understanding of PUWER).
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK