Automation Maintenance Engineer
- Provide technical support for all aspects of automation fault finding and improvement.
- Ensure all automation projects are embedded with the local maintenance engineering teams for seamless handover.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team in relation to PLC, HMI and control system upgrades.
- Coordinate planned maintenance of automation with engineering and external resources.
- Identify and coordinate automation training opportunities for self and engineering maintenance team.
- Liaise with the Engineering Manager, Automation Project Engineer and Engineering Team Leader to plan workload.
- Support the Automation project engineer in research & development into site wide automation possibilities.
- Participate in Automation project teams to achieve the agreed project outcomes.
- Support the Automation project engineer in design, specification and introduction of scalable automation and control systems.
- Support the Automation project engineer in automation developments within the company group, external automation suppliers and wider manufacturing & warehouse operations.
- Liaise with automation teams within the company group to share knowledge.
- Update / improve existing automation.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping within all automation areas.
- Drive company values and promote an environment of continuous improvement.
- Further Accountabilities and Responsibilities to be added as the role develops.
- At least two key attributes of Humble, Hungry and (people) Smart must clearly demonstrated.
- An understanding of machine / automation safety requirements (potentially IOSH or similar training, understanding of PUWER).
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical circuits, electronics, mechanics and computers and preferably qualified to a minimum HNC level in electrical, mechanical or computer engineering
- Knowledge of PLC logic and programming (potential for training)
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex systems tests.
- Ability to identify skills gaps and proactively develop own and wider team’s automation knowledge.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- knowledge of IFS Maintenance system
- Computer literate – knowledge of Excel and Word essential
- Good Math and analytical skills
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK