Assistant Certification Officer
- To review test reports and supporting documentation for compliance with the relevant legislation and to prepare the necessary evidence to enable the Certification Officer to make a decision in line with the accredited quality management system.
- Support the Certification Officer in the review of certification proposals in collaboration with the Business Development Manager and the Gas & Oil and Solid Fuel Team Leads..
- Regular Liaison and collaboration with manufacturers with regard to the supply of supporting certification documentation.
- Work independently and in collaboration with the Quality Manager, Gas & Oil and Solid Fuel Team Leads and the Head of Special Projects to ensure that the certification evidence packs contain all the relevant information necessary for the Certification Officer to make their decision.
- Review laboratory test reports and liaise with product surveillance clients on technical issues and reporting non-compliances to the Certification Officer
- Understand and apply the legislation relating to product certification in different global markets (e.g. UKCA and CB related legislation and standards)
- Understand and apply requirements of the quality system.
- Understand and apply test standards and methods in them.
- A degree/HNC/HND in Chemistry, Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or Physics or substantial equivalent industrial experience, in addition to showing an interest in the energy market and making an active contribution towards developing a low carbon future for the UK.
- Experience of working for a gas appliance manufacturer, or product certification company (e.g. an Approved/Notified Body)
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of the following areas:
- The physical and chemical properties of fuels pre and post combustion
- UK Regulations such as the Gas Appliance (Enforcement) and Miscellaneous Amendment Regulations 2018, EcoDesign of Energy Consuming Products Regulations 2010, the Construction Products Regulations, 2020 and PAS4444
- The BS EN standards relating to domestic boilers, cookers and fires and commercial catering and heating appliances
- The process for UKCA marking
- Appliance test work in accordance with the above standards.
- Experience of managing client relationships and working with customers to understand their needs and advising them on how best to meet them at a technical level
- Focuses on the customer – Works co-operatively with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) in order to meet and exceed their expectations. Listening to their input and cares about their views when meeting their requirements.
- Collaborates and Shares Knowledge – Seeks to create learning and collective success through teamwork. Listens to others perspectives, shares knowledge and offers mutual support.
- Delivers on Commitments – Plans what needs to be delivered and then takes responsibility and holds others to account for making it happen. Adjusts plans accordingly to find alternative routes of success.
- Adapts to change – Is able to respond positively to individual or organisational change. Challenging traditional solutions and exploring new options.
- Acts with care, safety, integrity and professionalism – Demonstrates care, trust and integrity in their day to day working.
- People Development – Empowers and allows people to develop themselves within their own professional job family and within a multi-disciplinary environment. Identifying needs and skills through development plans for current and future business success.
- Has a Global Approach – Has a flexible approach to different situations, promoting information flow and integration with all corporate units. Works in international environments through adaptation and cross-cultural management and integration.
- Technical individuals who are already experienced in appliance test or development work and are looking to broaden their horizons to learn how to certify a wider range of appliances
- A person who can demonstrate a keen intelligence, worth ethic, and collegiate approach towards working as part of a team.
- An appreciation of safety and quality is essential and the person must have a keen interest in helping clients to make improvements in these areas.
- A person who is keen to pass on their technical and practical knowledge to others.
- Individuals who are practical and enjoy solving complex hands-on problems and technically difficult challenges would gain much satisfaction and excel within our technical and laboratory-based teams.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK