- Develop and execute plan to support the sales strategy, including all reporting processes required. This includes Value Proposition, Quotes, Wins, Deal flow, pipeline, etc.
- Know markets, products and target customers for medical consumable / healthcare packaging and specialty rigid packaging. This includes understanding competitive / target pricing, required to make the necessary decisions.
- Generate opportunities and bring in new business; prepare and present customer presentations.
- Understand and apply “value selling” to optimize pricing and overcome objections; includes understanding customer pain points, developing and maintaining top level relationships at customers.
- Manage customer requests on new business with internal team; quoting, program management, quality, etc.
- Track and report sales pipeline in real time through a stage / gate process; Present updates to management and key stakeholders as required
- Develop healthy and collaborative relationships with cross functional teams within the Plant and at Corporate.
- Understand the company’s strengths and actively leverage them into value propositions with customer’s needs; identify and actively drive areas where we need to improve to meet customer needs
- Become proficient in using the company’s internal processes to execute job function
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Engineering or Science degree in related field.
- Five to seven years of professional sales/business development experience in plastics or plastics-related field.
- Demonstrated history of winning new business and successfully managing / growing existing accounts
- Thorough understanding of rigid packaging applications and needs in medical, healthcare and CPG market; relationships with major customers in these markets is essential to the success of this role.
- First-hand experience with sales cycle for medical market, including regulatory approvals and internal validation
- Functional understanding of medical regulatory agency requirements and ISO 13485 Quality systems as it applies to rigid packaging for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products.
- Self-motivated with strong planning, organization and communication skills to drive key actions remotely
- The demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary for interaction with other employees as a team member.
- Strong ability to utilize today’s computer technology in the execution of his / her job performance for the use of communication, planning, analysis, reporting and management.
- The demonstrated skills to read, write, comprehend, and follow written, verbal, and nonverbal communication within all levels of an organization, especially customers.
- Sitting at workstation approximately 85 percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 15 percent of work time.
- Must be able to travel >50 percent of work time, including throughout the EU and to the U.S., as needed
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK