2x Tool & Fixture Designer (6 Months)
- Optimisation of current assembly jigs and fixtures outputting a configuration controlled document pack and selecting and liaising with suppliers to deliver and the implementation into production.
- To drive continuous improvement projects using appropriate tools and techniques to optimize the productivity of the Pump assembly process.
- Work with NPD teams to ensure that all manufacturing requirements are satisfied in an efficient process.
- To ensure compliance to regulatory procedures which includes responsibility for quality within the assembly and wider company.
- To design and arrange supply of jigs & fixtures and the manufacture of assembly aids & checking equipment for assembly, ensuring that it is safe and delivers the required performance/quality.
- Responsible for specifying & purchasing tools & gauges.
- Provide front line fault-finding and diagnostics on pump assembly equipment.
- To assist in the reporting and solving of production problems and customer complaints where appropriate.
- To provide technical backup in the Manufacturing Dept.
- To specify, propose & cost justify new processes and equipment for improving productivity.
- Advise corrective actions to overcome problems including visiting suppliers if required.
- Ensure compliance with the ECO (Design Change) system, raise concessions, CRN’s, ECO’s etc
- To oversee the training of operatives on new fixtures / processes.
- To produce & maintain standard operating procedures (Visual Aids) for the new and existing equipment.
- Familiar with personal computers and competent using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- 2D & 3D CAD
- Quality tool implementation and analysis
- Comprehensive portfolio of experience within a Manufacturing environment preferably assembly
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Professional and articulate engineer
- BEng or equivalent in Mechanical/Production/Mechatronics engineering or equivalent
- Financial skills to understand and use business financial data
- PTC Creo 2D & 3D Cad
- Proven FMEA, DFMA and RCA experience
- Lean Practitioner
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK