As a 1st Line IT Helpdesk Engineer, you will exceed the skill level typically expected with 1st line roles you may find elsewhere and is more aligned to a traditional 2nd line role.
What do we need you to do?
- Maintain 1st line support tickets correctly and keep the customer updated with progress every day
- Monitor 1st line support ticket queue ensuring incidents are actioned before SLA
- Develop existing customer relationships and build a rapport with new clients
- Flag high priority / urgent issues to the 1st Line Team Leader
- Perform proactive maintenance using our in-house monitoring system
- Occasional requirement to attend remote sites when required
- Document procedures/processes and contribute to the knowledgebase
- Follow IT procedures e.g. ITIL and strictly complying with our policies
- Consult with 2nd line team as required to resolve incidents and develop individual skillset
What do you need, to do it?
- Proven experience of supporting existing desktop / server infrastructures and must have experience of working in a busy helpdesk environment
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal
- Fault analysis, management and prioritisation skills are required to ensure all issues are resolved based on criticality for all our customers as well as meeting the contracted SLA.
- The ability to demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- An excellent telephone manner & customer facing skills
Ideally you would have experience in using…
- Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Windows 10,11 and MacOS
- Hypervisor technologies (VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V)
- TCP/IP, Routing, VPN and Firewall configuration
- Virtual server backup technologies (Veeam / Altaro)
- Antivirus Software
- Microsoft Office 365
- Email filtering solutions
- Corporate wireless systems
Why join the company?
They are one of the fastest growing MSPs in the area working with formidable brands big and small.
Forgetting the obvious;
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance that increases with length of service
- Bonus schemes
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Employee referral programmes
- Pension Programmes
- Cycle to work schemes
The company also support you with your personal development by letting you have time off to do charitable work and we bring sports masseuses in at the end of every month to help you relax.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a copy of your full CV or contact the following consultant:
- Jake Willcox, Director
- 07508 519 181 / 01905 947 400
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with one of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you:
- 01905 947 400 / willcoxmatthews.co.uk
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK